Work and training
You might want to talk to about finding work, going to college, getting an apprenticeship or finding the right training. There are so many choices sometimes deciding can be a bit worrying so it can be helpful to talk through options with an adviser. You can do this in the drop-in or, if you prefer, book an appointment. More help is available online; see Futures4Me (opens in a new window). Advisers can help you:
- find out the latest vacancies
- look for and apply for an apprenticeship
- write a good CV
- complete application forms
- prepare for interviews
- find out about voluntary work
- know about pay and conditions at work
- manage your money better
Some of the things people coming to Castlegate ask:
- "I need a job; can you help me get one?"
- "I don't know what course to do at college."
- "I've lost my GCSE results - how do I get copies of them?"
- "Can you help me write a good CV?"
- "I've lost my National Insurance number. How do I get a new one?"
- "Can I get a job whilst still at school?"
If you'd prefer, you can book an appointment for a careers guidance interview. Click on the link to find out more.