- Are you out of work and finding difficulty in gaining employment that's right for you?
- Are you unhappy with your job or course and want to change direction?
- Would you like to study for qualifications but are not sure about what is available or what may suit you best?
- Do you have no idea what you want to do next?
If any of these statements applies to you, a careers guidance appointment may be helpful.
Careers guidance offers you the opportunity to meet with a Careers Adviser who can support you with your decision making. They have up-to-date knowledge about education, work and training options. Appointments usually last between 45 minutes and an hour. Advisers will not promote one option over another as Castlegate is not linked to any particular college or training centre.
You will be helped to:
- Consider your current situation – including the skills you have, things that interest you, and your own ideas about work and learning.
- Think about appropriate career choices, and work out what is best for you.
- Make an Action Plan including your next steps.
Careers guidance is for people aged 16 to 19 (up to 25 if you have a disability or learning difficulty), and is by appointment only. Call into Castlegate or contact us by phone (01904 555400) to book an appointment.