Young people's services at 30 Clarence Street
From the 24th July services delivered out of Castlegate will be delivered from 30 Clarence Street.
What can young people access from 30 Clarence Street?
A drop-in will be available for all 16 to 19 year olds to access information and signposting to further support across the city that can help. For example for support to access Housing and Benefits advice, making appointments etc. Outside of drop-in times information can be access by contacting us on: Text: 07624 802244 - Tel: 01904 554444 - Email: email@example.com
Specialist Information, Advice and Guidance service
Learning and Work Advisers will provide Specialist Information, Advice and Guidance service to young people who are aged 16- 18 that are Not in Employment, Education or Training (NEET), those who are in the care of the Local Authority, those in alternative education provision, and those in the youth justice system.
The Information and Learning and Work offer is available on the following days and times:
- Monday - 12.30 to 16.30
- Tuesday - 12.30 to 16.30
- Friday - 11.00 to 15.00
Trained Counsellors will continue to provide an appointments based Counselling service for young people aged 16-25 years old from Monday to Friday.
How to find 30 Clarence Street
Working alongside partners in 30 Clarence Street
Services for young people at 30 Clarence Street will be delivered alongside a broader offer to the community. This includes:
- A community library (linked to York Explore) that allows people to self-serve access to books and resources.
- Adults’ mental health recovery with access to a cafe, training and information, advice and guidance.
- Voluntary and community sector partners operating from the first floor – City of York Council (CYC) is leasing office space on the first floor of the building to York Mind and York Pathways.
- The Haven @ 30 Clarence Street will provide early intervention for adults in mental distress, to prevent an escalation into a mental health crisis. It will promote self-management and responsibility, ownership of care, shared decisions, non-judgement, validation, choice, hope, trauma awareness, and a positive attitude towards a person’s recovery. This will open later in the year (Nov/Dec 2017).
Interim arrangements from Monday 10 July - Friday 21 July
We will be moving between Castlegate and 30 Clarence Street in this time so services can be accessed as below:
- Pre booked counselling appointments will run from Castlegate. Please go to the side door (disabled entrance) and knock.
- Learning and Work Advisors will be available for drop-in at West Offices, Customer Centre, Station Rise, York, YO1 6GA on the following days and times:
- Monday 10 July 12:30 – 4:30pm
- Tuesday 11 July 12:30 – 4:30pm
- Friday 14 July 11am – 3pm
- Monday 17 July CLOSED
- Tuesday 18 July 12:30 – 4:30pm
- Friday 21 July 11am – 3pm
- Information and support will also continue to be available Monday - Friday, 10am to 4pm by contacting us on: